[OT] G4 goes West

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Jun 15 12:57:48 EDT 2010

Bob,

that also happened to zip disks... it was called the click of death... I
experienced that while backing up a G3 while its hard drive was failing and
I was desperatelly copying the data, I could copy maybe 3 or 4 disks before
I heard the click... what a horrible sound... CLICK, BRRRR, CLICK, BRRRRR,
CLICK... one less zip disk. The hard drive finished failing. I had 4 backup
disks and no zip drive to use them anymore. In the end, I bought another one
just to recover my backup. Argh!

Never bought another IOMega product again.