Cannot change cursor ID

Simon Lord slord at karbonized.com
Sun Jun 13 12:00:32 EDT 2010

Running on OS X and will default to Shao's external if I can't sort this out...

I have a non-animated gif with transparency sized to 16x16 as per the
documentation and I can get the cursor to use this image as a cursor.

set the cursor to 1021

Using the image name (as per the docs) simply spits out an error.
Using the ID does nothing.  Searching the archives seems to point out
I'm not the first to have problems but I have yet to come across a
posting that had a solution.

I could always set the cursor to none and just have an image follow
the mouse but would like to avoid that scenario if possible.