[OT] Installing Linux fonts

G. Wolfgang Gaich gwolfgang at gaich.de
Sat Jun 12 18:09:20 EDT 2010

Hello Richmond,

I tested to use all installed fonts on Ubuntu 10.04 with rev. No problem.

With

set the textfont of fld "/field/" to "/fontname/"

I can use all available fonts.

Only the function fontnames() does not return all the fonts.

But you can get a list of fontnames with

put shell("fc-list") into tTempFontsList
set the itemdel to ":"
repeat for each line tL in tTempFontsList
    set the itemdel to ":"
    put item 1 of tL into tL2
    set the itemdel to ","
    put item 1 of tL2 & cr after tFontsList
end repeat
delete char -1 of tFontsList

If you want to install a user font then copy it into
/home/<user>/.fonts/truetype/
and in console type:

 >  sudo fc-cache

Now you can use that font with rev.