Help with bg graphic

Emmett Gray film2 at handheldfilm.com
Thu Jun 10 12:43:42 EDT 2010

This is driving me nuts. I've got a HC stack (the last one I'm still
using  - all others already imported into Rev) which I'm trying to
convert. I'm resizing it and and I've edited the bg graphic in
Photoshop. I've saved it as a .png file, and can replace the original
with it by changing the reference to it in the object inspector to an
external file. But I'd like to have it in the stack and not external.
Every attempt to do this results in something getting screwed up -
either the graphic becomes a solid gray field (which exists as
another background in the stack) or else something else gets screwed
up when I try to bring it in as "new control" - like it ends up only
on the current card. If I import it into the image library, it sticks
itself on top of the current card. If I delete that image, it then
disappears from the library too. If I select the bogus gray
background and try to edit that externally by selecting the pencil
tool in the inspector, nothing happens at all (but that works OK for
card images). What am I doing wrong?