RTF documents as templates

JosepM jmyepes at mac.com
Wed Jun 9 13:20:36 EDT 2010

Update code using theRTFText of field XXXX
The revCopyFile don't copy the bundle, only create the file so searching for
the list I found a piece of code to copy using the shell.

If someone want the stack and the RTF file to test email me and I send you.

Salut,
Josep

on mouseUp

   put mactoiso(the RTFText of fld f_texto1) into texto1
   put mactoiso(the RTFText of fld f_texto2) into texto2

   put mactoiso(the RTFText of fld f_texto_f1c1) into texto_f1c1
   put mactoiso(the RTFText of fld f_texto_f1c2) into texto_f1c2
   put mactoiso(the RTFText of fld f_texto_f1c3) into texto_f1c3

   put mactoiso(the RTFText of fld f_texto_f2c1) into texto_f2c1
   put mactoiso(the RTFText of fld f_texto_f2c2) into texto_f2c2
   put mactoiso(the RTFText of fld f_texto_f2c3) into texto_f2c3

   answer file "Where is the template file?"
   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   put it into theTemplateFile

   ask file "Save your message as:" with "TheResultingRTF.rtfd"
   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   put it into theMergedFile

   set the fileType to "MSWDRTF "
   --
   put ("cp -R -p "&quote&theTemplateFile&quote&&quote&theMergedFile&quote)
into tCommand

   put TXT & ".rtf" into tFichero
   put theTemplateFile & "/" & tFichero into tTheFile
   put URL("binfile:" & tTheFile) into theRTFtext

   set the fileType to "MSWDRTF "

   put merge(theRTFtext) into URL ("binfile:" & theMergedFile & "/" &
tFichero)
end mouseUp