combo box messages

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 08:25:08 EDT 2010

On Jun 7, 2010, at 3:50 PM, BNig wrote:

> Devin Asay wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 5, 2010, at 5:07 PM, David C. wrote:

(actually, I think it was Craig Newman)

>>> A problem was posted to the forums. SomeOne wanted to type text
>>> into a
>>> field, and have that text dynamically located among the lines of
>>> another
>>> scrolling list field such that closer and closer matches are found
>>> as
>>> the text
>>> entry gets longer.
>>
>> I have a stack that does this on revOnline. Look for a stack called
>> "Type
>> with Filter".
>>
>> Devin
>
> That is a very nice stack. Thank you for pointing it out.
>
> But actually the original poster on the forum wanted to write text
> in a
> textfield and he wanted to use some shorthand or macro functionality.
> Whenever he typed two periods and a letter a list was supposed to
> pop up and
> let him insert the text into the current text at the current position.
> He was a doctor and wanted to save some of the repetitive work on
> putting
> medications and how to use it into the letter also avoiding typos I
> guess.
> I liked the idea and gave it a try:
>
> the revlet:
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/revlets/typeandshortcutinfield/
> the stack
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/revletsdownload/typeInFieldAndInsertShortCut.rev.zip
>
> regards
> Bernd

Ah, medication names! What I do is use a custom prop that is an array
of abbreviations -- eg, srt = sertraline, mrt = mirtazapine, etc. --
that can be consulted as needed. My arrangement is that the user
enters a 3- or 4-letter abbreviation and then hits the <enter> key and
the medication name is substituted. I have a practice management stack
that does this and lots more. Write me off list if you need the
details on this point, or to compare notes on other features....

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig