WWDC Keynote: HTML5 wide open for On-Rev & revServer

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 01:18:20 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Jerry Daniels <jerry.daniels at me.com> wrote:

> There is a wonderful opportunity to create rich HTML5 apps
>
> Along with iPhone 4 I see Apple released Safari 5 today, with additional
who ha about HTML5. I've been a big fan of BBEdit for a long time, and love
their HTML support, but even today there seems to be no support (wrong word
because obviously you can still write HTML5 with BBEdit) for HMTL5 like
there is for current versions of HTML. Searching the BareBones website
produces no hits. So how standard is HTML5? I guess I should be asking
BareBones.

I also notice on the Safari 5 'What's New' page that they list 'HTML5
offline storage' as a feature that is supported. Anyone have any experience
with this. How much can you actually do 'offline'?