WWDC Keynote: HTML5 wide open for On-Rev & revServer

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Mon Jun 7 20:31:37 EDT 2010

This was a really big deal for tech today for many reasons:

the new phone is outrageous.
first real video phone  ( I was at the 1964 world's fair and remember the
first videophone on display )
the Retina display
camera 720p iMovie
gyroscope - detects rotation around gravity.

There was a dreaded glitch in the presentation, but it wasn't Apple. The
wifi (and net feed) at the Moscone was overwhelmed - there were so many
personal devices and laptops in the crowd sucking bandwidth that it brought
Job's demonstration of the book app to an embarrassing crawl.  Jobs had to
hold up the keynote until everyone turned off their wifi connections. Surely
this is some kind of tipping point.

The ad thing is brilliant, too.

Jerry, you said that Rodeo might be supporting iPhone at some point?