WWDC Keynote: HTML5 wide open for On-Rev & revServer

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Mon Jun 7 17:50:18 EDT 2010

Friends,

I just followed the Apple WWDC Keynote live blog by MacWorld. I have
to say:

I saw some very impressive integration of software and hardware. Apple
is definitely leading the way with hybrid design. They've gone way
beyond industrial design or "user interface" or "user experience."
This stuff will be hard to copy. And it has tremendous traction in the
market already.

Mr. Jobs made it abundantly clear that there are two ways to get apps
on the iOS 4 platform (iOS 4 = iPad + iPhone + iPod Touch): the
curated (and sometime just hated) app store and HTML5 which he made
clear was WIDE open.

There is a wonderful opportunity to create rich HTML5 apps for this
platform much faster by taking advantage of On-Rev and the revServer
technologies. Sarah, MJ and I are doing our version of just that with
Rodeo. We would not have made it to pre-release in month without
revServer technology.

Anyways, great stuff from Apple. Go to their front page (http://apple.com
) to see a couple really nice videos. One is about the iPhone 4 and
the other is about their incredible built-in video chat called
FaceTime. The FaceTime video is quite touching, actually.

Forgot to mention iPhone 4 also has built-in video cam AND iMovie!
Smokin' hot.

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Follow the Rodeo discussion: