Changing environment variables

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jun 6 14:44:09 EDT 2010

Jeff Massung wrote:
> Is there a way for me to change the environment variables my Rev app is
> running with? Note: shell() doesn't work because it will only modify the
> environment for that spawned shell process.

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but you can define any new
environment variable if you include the "$" as the first character. For
example:
   put "foo" into $VAR

That gives a new environment variable named "$VAR". I'm assuming you can
change the content of any existing environment variable the same way, by
just putting something new into the variable. I haven't worked with this
much though.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com