To keep the selection of a textfield visible while the focus is onanother control?

jonathandlynch at gmail.com jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 09:56:23 EDT 2010

Rather than simulating text highlighting, try simulating the change in focus.

The actual focus would always stay on the field. However, you could use a custom prop to define a pseudofocus.

When that property is set to a different object, like the combo box, then text gets diverted (using key down handler) to that object.

It would be tricky, including the need to simulate the blinking text cursor, but it should be doable.

Good luck,