dragDrop an image into a graphic rectangle

Gabel Paul paulgabel at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 23:43:10 EDT 2010

Hello everyone:

I need a little help on a script. I can dragDrop an image from the desktop into a field (the field containing a script like the one below), but I'd like to drag the image into a graphic rectangle, which is not handled automatically. The Dictionary says:

"To accept drops to a locked field or a control other than a field, handle the dragDrop message, using the dragData property to determine what data is being dragged. For these objects, your dragDrop handler must get the dragged data and put it into the object (or perform whatever action you want to do on a drop); the behavior is not automated as it is for unlocked fields."

I underlined the part that's giving me trouble. I'm not sure how to go about it. Can anyone give me an example script for that part of the handler?

on dragDrop
   put the dragData["files"] into theFilePath
   import paint from file theFilePath
   set the name of the last image to "New Image"
   -- ?????
end dragDrop

Thanks, Paul Gabel