inconsistent field appearance

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jun 1 19:10:33 EDT 2010

If you were prepared to set the height of the 'tramlines' dynamically then
you could use the following function to return the appropriate value based
on the true height of a visible lowercase z of the relevant font and size
(the test character must be visible as the function relies on the
mouseColor). Watch out for line wraps.

Terry...

put the formattedRect of [chunk expression for target character] into tRect
put zHeight(tRect) into tHeight
-- insert some routine to separate the 'tramlines' by tHeight

function zHeight pRect
   put the mouseLoc into tM
   put round((item 1 of pRect + item 3 of pRect)/2) into tX
   put "" into tColorData
   lock screen
   repeat with i = (item 2 of pRect) to (item 4 of pRect)
      set the screenMouseLoc to globalLoc((tX,i))
      put i&comma&mouseColor() &cr after tColorData
   end repeat
   filter tColorData with "*,0,0,0" -- black points only
   put (item 1 of line -1 of tColorData)-(item 1 of line 1 of tColorData)+2
   set the screenMouseLoc to globalLoc(tM)
   unlock screen
   return ((item 1 of line -1 of tColorData)-(item 1 of line 1 of
tColorData)+2)
end zHeight