The State of Rev (Was Re: [ANN] Rodeo IDE preview video)

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Jun 1 13:05:57 EDT 2010

I get the impression that Jerry likes the built in editor just fine the way it is. ;-)

Let's face it, Revolution is an odd duck. It really is. A most amazing, magical, useful and inspiring duck, but still odd. What other paradigm in the software development world is like Revolution? It's BECAUSE it's not Java or C++ or ObjectiveC or even Pascual that I can use it. But some of it's edges are unpolished. Still, it's come a long way from where it was when I first got ahold of it, and one of the reasons I pony up each year, and recently for 5 years in advance, is because I see it as an investment. So long as revolution thrives and continues to become even just a little bit better, I will be a happy camper.

I can actually write useful apps with this thing!! Given my lack of patience, and the time needed to write a really professional looking app, Revolution feels like it was made just for me. I don't mind then a few feathers out of place here and there, especially since others like Jerry and Trevor and so many others that don't get as much credit as they deserve, are doing a bit of preening on our beloved duck. I rather like the whole crazy odd little setup we have going here.

Bob