Create mySQL database structure from Rev

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Jun 1 12:29:41 EDT 2010

This is exactly what I am working on, more for importing a foreign database that backing up, but it could be used for both. Unfortunately I am in the early alpha stages, so I don't have much to offer you, except that I have a card where you enter the connection information for 2 databases, which then connects to them and reads the database schema. After that there are 2 phases: Table links and column links. Once you set those up, you click the go button and it will import just the tables and columns you selected from the second database into the first.

One of the features is that it will add tables and columns that do not already exist in the first database for you. Very handy. But as I said I am writing it really as an import/merge from a Spiceworks database so I can get all the devices collected by Spiceworks networks scanner into my own database where I can handle software licenses and other resources associated with the device the way I want them handled.

Still, the techniques I use are very much along the lines of what you describe.

Bob