[RevServer + Rev on Linux] Checking if you have the needed libraries

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu Jul 29 09:07:20 EDT 2010

Peter,

there are indeed problems that are tied to missing libraries. I think this
is true at least for Rev IDE if I remember correctly from past experiences,
rev will startup with some missing libs and will remove the feature used
from that library. For example text antialiasing with pango, if pango is not
present IDE will load without antialiasing, I also think that if you're
missing mplayer it will still load but play no video.

I can't say this is definitely true these days but I think rev ide
gracefully degrades some of its features in the absense of some libraries
but I don't quite remember if this is the intended behaviour never
implemented or if this is true right now.

I will try more about it later.

Andre