Rev Create XML Tree

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jul 28 12:33:15 EDT 2010

Ray-

I've taken to urlencoding my xml data if it contains any chars that
are not straightforward printable ASCII - I had some problems a while
back with base64encoding long data strings like imagedata. Don't know
why, but the data was getting truncated, while urlencoding always
seems to work. So now I check the data first for things like return
chars, tabs, etc. and encode the data if necessary. You also can't
have purely numeric xml tags, so I fiddle with them and decontruct the
fiddling on the way out. And the rev xml library doesn't like
namespaces at all - just strips them out.

You might also try using the CDATA form of storing your data if you
have binary info to convey. I try to avoid it because I find it
awkward and I can never remember the syntax...or maybe I can never
remember the syntax because I try to avoid using it...

...and for my two cents' worth, it's hard to think of using the terms
"xml" and "performance" in the same thought...

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net