OT: Rodeo and media

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Sun Jul 25 14:03:35 EDT 2010

On Jul 25, 2010, at 10:07 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Mark-
>
> Sunday, July 25, 2010, 9:10:21 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Rodeo will eventually have an option to export your project in
>> various ways.  In the future I would have handled your request by
>> exporting the video project to my web server and give you a link.
>> Or I would have exported it to an actual Mac desktop app and given
>> it to you that way.
>
> Rodeo, it seems, is rapidly progressing from niche product to useful
> tool to jaw-dropping features. I'm starting to detect Rodeoactivity
> around these parts.
>
> This is the way I've always thought rev should work anyway: deliver
> the development platform for third parties to create new functionality
> and not try to do everything themselves.

I think you are right Mark.  The possibilities are quite staggering once you see what can be done.  Once Rodeo leverages more of what is available in webkit, Rodeo may one day actually compete with Rev for certain projects.  It is very close to competing with the Rev web plugin for simple projects.  I think it will compete with Rev Server Language and the Rev web plugin initially.  At some point it will compete with full development on the mobile and desktop realm as well.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com