Estimate/Quotation program, help me please.....

tm274 tm1274 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 20:30:57 EDT 2010

4 years ago I purchased Runtime revolution so I could learn a program that
would allow me to develop a "configurator" that I wanted to build. 4 years
later the only progress that I have made is that I have read the user's
manual and scoured the web and believe I have the basic understanding of the
program but cannot grasp the scripting for my first application.

I desperately want to learn to use Revolution to complete the "configurator"
I once wanted to build. The basics of it is that I would like to use a few
cards to contain fields with data rather than a database since it would only
have around 100 or so fields of data and images. I cannot find any tutorial
to help me understand how to do this but have read many times it is
possible.

I need to have certain questions that have combo boxes, option menus, check
boxes or radio buttons that the user will make selections. Some questions
will be dependent on answers of previous questions and in turn will
re-populate the next question appropriately.  The selections that are made
by the user will cause a dollar value to appear in a text entry field or
label field and as selections are made a total field at the bottom of the
stack showing the subtotal and possibly shipping and a discount.

This form will then have a button that will allow the user to print the
"configuration" or estimate. The printed copy will show the options
selected, a description and the pricing information along with a
configuration number, or quote/estimate number.

The data that is on the individual cards would only need to be updated one
time per year and the user could download the updated version at that point.

Can anyone point me in the right direction either for a tutorial, sample
files or just how do I get started since I know nothing about scripting
something like this. By looking through the forums and over the web, it
appears that this should be easy but I have not seen anything related to a
similar project to learn from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.