OT: Mac vs Win partisanship is unnecessary

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Jul 22 13:06:31 EDT 2010

I agree in principle, and I don't think anytime is payback time. There IS no Windows box vs. Mac box. Mac's are Intel chipsets with ROM code "allowing" them to run OS X.

But I also agree that for years Mac users have been very unfairly criticized for liking and using an OS that wasn't the status quo.

Honestly, I don't think the whole dispute is about computers or operating systems at all. I think it's our pack instincts rearing it's head in very odd and unexpected places. I happen to think that people who buy Honda Elements are pretty smart and savvy people. Is it a coincidence that I happen to own one? And why anyone would root for Cleveland when they live around here is so far beyond me I cannot even begin to comprehend it. And by the way, all iPhone users (and iPad users) are brilliant forward thinking people who "get it" in ways that the "others" don't "get it".

It has escaped my notice all these years, until recently, right about the time that my testosterone began to wane, that the one thing in common with all this was that I myself had all these things in common with the people I "liked". Could a disproportionate love for self have anything to do with these value judgements? hmmm...

Bob