confirmed recipe for linux copy & paste trouble...

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 16:56:36 EDT 2010

On 07/21/2010 10:46 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've just isolated one problem using copy&  paste under linux. If gnome
> clipboard manager panel item is on the panel, you loose copy and paste, if
> it is not, then it works fine.
>
> Andre

Bravo: only one big snag . . .

the clipboard manager seems to be an inbuilt part of the panel
that also invloves the date & time and so on; a right-click
only offers ABOUT, PREFERENCES and QUIT.

On quitting is does go away; but, presumably, will restart everytime
you reboot the system, as there is no REMOVE FROM PANEL option.