[OT-Rodeo] Last minute call to get onboard with pre-realase conditions!

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 00:10:27 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:
> Had lunch with Jerry today and he walked me through their progress. Pretty
> impressive going. He showed me how simple it is to create an app which
> launched any other apps on the iPad-- which IMO was pretty cool. I've got
> all these damn iPad icons blasted over a dozen or so screens, so some sort
> of app launcher might just do the trick.
>
> Anyway, things are progressing nicely.

I'm not sure that we can achieve a full iPad/iPhone app launcher.
What we can achieve is launching of any communications apps that have
registered URLs.
At the moment, we do Skype, which works on all supported platforms.
We also plan to allow links to phone calls, text messages and the new
FaceTime video calling.
As more companies like Skype and Apple release publicly available URL
commands, we can extend this list.

Thanks for the kind words Chipp.

Cheers,
Sarah