HTMLtext doesn't play well with CSS

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 10:36:03 EDT 2010

I think I get it.  The user makes changes in a field, then uploads the
HTMLtext version for web display.
You need to remember that the HTMLtext was created many years ago for
Rev field rendering, and not for web browsers.
So let's take an approach in Rev that I use for other purposes but may
apply here.

Rev is a very powerful text chunk engine, so use HTMLtext during the
casting of text blocks, then convert to valid HTML, etc before
sending.  I don't have any experience using HTMLtext.  If the real
issue is that the tags look good before uploading but then the CSS
does not work when inserted in the page, there may be something going
on that I am missing.

There is no wheel that I know of, and I have been listening to this
list for about 6 years.

Since this is a Rev list and not a web geek list, why not contact me
off list so we can work on a solution, then come back to the list with
the answer.  There will be many who will be interested in the result,
but not a long thread.

Let me know if this helps.
I will be happy to build and modify web pages on one of my test sites
to see what possible solutions we can find>

Does this sound good for you?

Jim Ault
Las Vegas