HTMLtext doesn't play well with CSS

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 08:30:38 EDT 2010

On Jul 17, 2010, at 5:05 AM, Tim Ponn wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I'm trying to use the HTMLtext of the contents of a field to modify
> a CSS web page, and it butchers font sizes and style.  Is there
> something other than HTMLtext that I should be using?
>
> Thanks!

HTMLtext is a subset of HTML tags that Rev uses to do formatting in
fields.  It is not meant to be compliant with browsers, especially the
modern day versions.
When you render the web pages, do you then run compliance checking?
Very like you have quite a few conflicts, especially if the DOCTYPE is
beyond 1.0

The CSS javascript will silently at the first error and none of the
other CSS will get applied.

Your description of your process is quite vague, so it is difficult to
be more helpful.
Do go to one of the many compliance checking sites, enter the url, and
follow the bouncing error messages, if any.

Also visit  http://quirksmode.org  to study the interpretation
variations that each browser.version uses.  The most variant is IE in
its many versions.

Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas