Personal suggestion for fixing the Linux situation

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 12:27:28 EDT 2010

If anyone wants to follow along with Slackware, this is where to get the
isos.  Only the first three CDs should be needed.

http://spheniscus.uio.no/pub/linux/slackware/slackware-13.1-iso/

Be aware though, this is not exactly Linux as she is known today, this is
not the land of graphical installers, automatic and safe disk partitioning
and automatic dependency checks.  This is the command line and editing
config files.  Kind of fun to get back to it.  I am proposing to shrink the
partitions on my usual machine and do a clean install into free space, then
get going.

Peter