Personal suggestion for fixing the Linux situation

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 16 10:08:12 EDT 2010

Damn fine post, Peter.  I've quoted it in its entirety because anyone
here who missed it and uses Linux would be missing out if they didn't
read it.

Excellent stuff - very exciting to see this level of energy from so many
of us going into this, kinda like how Linux itself is made.

I like your approach of targeting a minimal install, and I think it's an
excellent compliment to the admitted fetishism I have with the
relatively bloated Ubuntu.  Between your slackware, my Ubuntu, Mark
Wieder's SUSE, and there's gotta be at least one of us using Red Hat, we
should have a good matrix of small and large and in-between distros to
coordinate our testing and diagnostics among.

I really appreciate your willingness to dive in and help with the work
of improving the Rev experience on Linux.  I've never been more
optimistic about the outlook for my Rev work in Linux than I feel right
now.  Thanks.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation