RunRev Script Editor and Linux

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 07:22:26 EDT 2010

Hiya,

I totally agree.

Looking at the huge mass of applications available for Linux
(professional and hobby) it doesn't tally that it's a 'Linux' issue:
Simple as that.

Comparing notes with developers on the ease of programming disparate
Operating Systems, Linux comes out on top as the 'easiest' overall
(aside from developer tools) principally due to it's open nature.

I could mention the office suite from a large OS vendor that doesn't
behave as it should (they wrote the OS, they should know better!).
Or I could mention the BSoD every time a Blackberry was UNPLUGGED from
the system due to a hotfix, so you had to go to a previous restore point
and install the hotfix for the hotfix. Who carried the blame? The
Blackberry vendor or the OS vendor? You can really go many routes on
this one.

What's it to do with Linux in this instance? Even beginners get to grips
with programming in Linux without causing what is currently been griped
at with Rev on Linux.

If you can't see that then you need to use Linux more to fully
understand the point. Linux users aren't 'ranting', they just can't see
why the rest can't see how simple the issue is.

Rev on Linux: At this time, it just ain't right.

Cheers,

Luis.