RunRev Script Editor and Linux

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 01:38:32 EDT 2010

On 07/16/2010 12:57 AM, Peter Alcibiades wrote:
> Its probably libc that is required.  In Debian, glibc seems to refer to the
> source package.  But whatever, it is going to be built in to any mainstream
> distro, and almost all minority interest ones too.

Yup! That is why I wonder why it is necessary for RunRev to list them
as prerequisites in the PDF; certainly it would make a lot of people
I know stop feeling warm and cuddly about RunRev.

What I do know is that RunRev 4 does not run on Ubuntu 5.10, and
that it runs on 8.04 as those distros "come off the install CD"; and that
is ALL that needs to be said / written: minimum requirements for the
thing to run.

I think RunRev need to hire a boy or girl (and I mean a boy or a girl;
perhaps
16-17ish) to sit down in front of some sort of PC (nothing too new or
too fancy)
and a socking great stack of Linux distros: install evry single one and
RunRev 4
and attempt to make a "Gosh what a boring job" stack [alternative version of
"Hello World" . . .  :) ] and document which distro and which version of
which distro
RunRev works on. A fairly unpleasantly repetitive summer job for one or
2 spotty
teenagers to teach them the value of work and yield a useful resource.