RunRev Script Editor and Linux

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jul 15 10:42:47 EDT 2010

Richmond wrote:

> On 07/15/2010 03:35 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Richmond wrote:
>>
>>> I am uploading my 'problem stack' so that you can use it to try and
>>> duplicate things;
>>> you will see it contains 2 buttons and no backScripts:
>>>
>>> http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/richmond/STUFF/FOLDER_LIST.rev.zip
>>
>> Thank you for posting that, Richmond.  Unfortunately I got the same
>> result with your stack as I had before:  I was able to copy and paste
>> between scripts, between IDEs, and between IDEs and Firefox without
>> issue.
>>
>> Same setup as before:  Lenova Q100 nettop, 1.6GHz Atom dual core, 1GB
>> RAM, Rev 4.0, Ubuntu 10.04.
>>
> The whole point of this situation was that it seems to happen
> when Mozilla apps are runnibg: Firefix, ThunderBird or SunBird.

Understood, which is why I included interactions with Firefox in my test.

I don't have Thunderbird installed on that system yet, and won't likely
do so there, but I may be getting a new laptop this weekend which will
be powered by Ubuntu and if so I'll have a Thunderbird install to test with.

If you find any other details which may make this reproducible please
keep 'em coming.  As frustrating as such diagnostics can be, I believe
every software problem is ultimately fixable, it's just a matter of
pinning down the recipe to isolate the root cause.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World