mouseDown message sent but not triggering the handler in a behavior

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 05:10:21 EDT 2010

On 07/15/2010 12:05 PM, Richmond wrote:
> On 07/15/2010 11:57 AM, Andre.Bisseret wrote:
>> Bonjour,
>>
>> On a stack, in a group, I have a button which is supposed to show a
>> field on mouseDown and hide this same field on mouseUp.
>>
>> The two handlers (mouseDown and mouseUp) are in the script of a
>> behavior button to which the group is set.
>
> Isn't that rather a complicated way of doing things?
>
> I just made a stack and imported an img "iXYZ"'
>
> and put this directly in a btn script:
>
> on mouseDown
>    set the vis of img "iXYZ" to true
> end mouseDown
>
> on mouseUp
>    set the vis of img "iXYZ" to false
> end mouseUp
>
> and, needless to say, it works perfectly. In fact, many Thanks, it
> gives me an idea
> for a "discovery stack" for the kids in my EFL school.
>
> Why the need to put this in the script of a behavior button????

Hey, looky-here, I'm replying to my own messages again.

Just "for fun" I grouped the btn and put this in the script-editor of
the group:

on mouseDown
   put "Hello"
end mouseDown

AND; when clicked the script in the button WAS executed, and the script
in the group WAS NOT
executed.

One of the clever people can now tell you about heirarchies and message
paths.