File lists

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 12 13:46:46 EDT 2010

Bob Sneidar wrote:

> I wonder if the ls command lists folders with a trailing slash, while
> documents and apps do not have a trailing slash?

Apps also have a trailing slash, that's why I filter those out.

 > I do not have a getFileInfo command??

I didn't either until I found it in the Developer Tools. Then it did
work to tell me if the folder had a bundle bit set, but this isn't a
viable solution because the customers who will use the product will
almost certainly not have Developer Tools installed. It can't be used
for scripts aimed at a commercial market.

I found a semi-reliable solution using AppleScript. It works most of the
time, though still doesn't cover everything, but gets almost all of it.
I'll post it in a followup message.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com