My naming convention

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 09:10:53 EDT 2010

On 07/10/2010 03:57 PM, Jim Ault wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2010, at 3:18 AM, Richmond wrote:
>
>> vSTUFF" is a variable
>>
>> "cSTUFF" is a constant
>>
>> "sSTUFF" is a string
>>
>> "aSTUFF" is an array

>> needless-to-say; I almost NEVER adhere to this convention . . .  :)
>
> so what you mean to say is that.............
>
>>  I almost cNEVER adhere to this convention . . .  :)
>
> is really
>>  I almost vNEVER adhere to this convention . . .  :)

Worth a try . . .  :)

But, no; I just go on giving things any silly, old name that takes my fancy.

For example; in my Devawriter Pro stack there is a field that contains
a short script to deal with some of the peculiarities of the letter 'R' in
Devanagari-Sanskrit; it is called fld "ARSE" - which makes perfect
sense to me (in more ways than one considering the state I got myself
in working that subroutine out) but does NOT adhere to my naming convention.