My naming convention

Damien Girard dam-pro.girard at laposte.net
Sat Jul 10 07:20:26 EDT 2010

Personnally I am using this naming convention:
- first letter in lowercase, then Uppercase for the first letter of each
word.

- tMyVariable -> Variable available in the handler
- sMyVariable -> Variable available in the script (local)
- gMyVariable -> Global variable (global)
- kMyVariable -> Constant (constant)
- cMyVariable -> Variable that contain custom properties
- pMyParameter -> Parameter

In C, I use the same naming convention, the difference is:
- Instead of Uppercase, I use "_" to separate words.

- t_my_variable -> Variable available in the handler
- s_my_variable -> Variable available in the file (static)
- g_my_variable -> Variable available in the application (extern)
- k_my_variable -> Constant
- p_my_paramater -> Parameter (you see the *, you are not dumb, no need of a
"pointer" prefix)

And for C++/C#, same as Revolution. This enable me to mix C/C++ and to see
quickly in what file I am located.

After, for objects, I have no convention, but usually in rev I define the
name of objects only in lowercase, in order to not mix with variables.

All my softwares are written like that, and it works ;) (more than 20 000
lignes software...) (I stolen this convention from a Rev user, but I do not
remember who lol, btw thanks to him ^^)

Also, I am using DoxyGen in C/C++, and NativeDoc in Rev, that's helping a
lot :p