Scripting what should be a simple loop...

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 06:00:57 EDT 2010

>> Column1--corresponds to->Field1--corresponds to--->tVar1--> is used by.....
>> etc
>>

> Of course there's no reason you couldn't
>
> col1 - original data
> fCol1 - field
> lfCol1 - label field
> bCol1 - button
> tCol1 - temp var
> lCol1 - script local var
> gCol1 - global var
> cCol1 - custom prop
>
> makes the dynamic movement of data from one object to another very easy -
> especially when using arrays - and mantains a solid association of where the
> data came from. Reduces the chance of naming conflicts.

Thank you Kay, that is very helpful.

I've read Richard and Ken's scripting guide at least twice and
understand the benefits of using a consistent naming convention, but
failed largely at implementing it for this project. You've provided a
very nice visual reminder of just how much easier it can be. Much
appreciated.

The "what if" thought for this project originated some 4-5 years ago,
and I've spent plenty of time and frustration trying to build it using
three or four lower level languages along the way, and it is by far
the most complex project I've attempted to date. Sadly enough, I had a
Rev Studio license at the time, but didn't get serious about using it
for this project up until recently. :(

Even having planned much of it out on paper, using circles, arrows and
glossy photos (Woody Guthrie reference), I actually avoided getting
started working in earnest due to the complexity factor. For whatever
reason, one morning out of the blue I just sat down and began to get
after it. Unfortunately, somewhere in the midst of the complexity, all
of the forethought and planning gave way to a "shooting from the hip"
style of coding.  Thanks for the reminder.

Best regards,
David C.