Scripting what should be a simple loop...

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 19:23:19 EDT 2010

Good grief! Will someone be so kind as to show me the proper way to
format my script...

Let's say I have the following

1 group named "AllFields" containing:
10 text fields, named Field1...Field10
10 temporary variables named tVar1...tVar10

All I want to do, using a loop, is to put the user supplied data
contained in each field into the corresponding, like-named variable. I
thought I could do something easy like this

repeat for i = 1 to 10
 put fld "Field" & i of grp "AllFields" into tVar & i
end repeat

I know that I've done this before, but so far I've yet to find the
right format that will not cause an error when compiling the script
-and- would greatly appreciate it if some kind soul would rescue me
from this madness.

FWIW, I recently had another fifty-something birthday, so I'm blaming it
all on an increasing case of dementia. As in:

"Dementia (meaning "deprived of mind") is a serious loss of cognitive
ability in a previously unimpaired person, beyond what might be
expected from normal ..."

Best regards,
David C.