Timer Pause script

JosepM jmyepes at mac.com
Fri Jul 9 18:34:13 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm blocked :( with this...
I try to start and stop a timer but with a pause button to pause the time
and continue again once the pause button is pressed again.

I have two buttons, button "b_timming" and button "b_pause"
Also some graphics to show the button icons and display.
The start and stop it's fine, but I don't see how pause and continue where
the time was stoped...

Salut,
Josep

Script for button "b_timming"

Local  tDuration, lTime
Local lStart
Global gPause,startSeconds
on mouseUp

   if lStart is 1 then
      # Stop time

      set the visible of graphic "gr_play" to false
      set the visible of group "gr_pause" to false
      put false into gPause
      set the icon of button "b_timming" to 1023
      set the hiliteicon of button "b_timming" to 1024

      put 0 into lStart
      put lTime into fld "countdown"
      answer lTime
   else
      # Start time

      set the visible of graphic "gr_play" to true

      set the icon of button "b_timming" to 1012
      set the hiliteicon of button "b_timming" to 1013

      put 1 into lStart
      put the seconds into startSeconds

      updateProgress
   end if
end mouseUp

on updateProgress
   if lStart is 1 then
      if gPause is false then
         set the visible of group "gr_pause" to false

         put (the seconds - startSeconds) into tElapsed

         put padNum(tElapsed div (60*60)) into tHours
         put padNum(tElapsed div 60) into tMins
         put padNum(tElapsed mod 60) into tSecs

         put tHours & ":" & tMins & ":" & tSecs into fld "countdown"
         put tHours & ":" & tMins & ":" & tSecs   into lTime
         put 0 into tElapsed2
         send updateProgress to me in 5 ticks
      else
         set the visible of group "gr_pause" to true
      end if
   end if
end updateProgress

# this function just makes the time units look pretty by inserting a zero
before single digits
function padNum pNum
  if the length of pNum = 1 then
    return "0" & pNum
  else
    return pNum
  end if
end padNum

Script for button "b_pause"

Global gPause,startSeconds

on mouseUp
   if gPause is true then
      put false into gPause
      send "updateProgress" to button "b_timming" in 5 ticks
   else
      put true into gPause