A problem with this prefers script...

charles61 cszasz at mac.com
Wed Jul 7 16:30:41 EDT 2010

I want to thank everyone for their help! I have to go back and review
information on file management. For others who may have this same question
or problem, here is my script for loading prefs:

on loadPrefs pFilename
   local tPrefs

   --   put url ("binfile:" & pFilename) into tPrefs
   IF the platform is "MacOS"
   then
      put url ("binfile:" & specialFolderPath("preferences") & "/" &
"504_prefs") into tPrefs
   end if

   IF the platform is "win32"
   then
      put url ("binfile:" & specialFolderPath(26) & "/" & "504_prefs") into
tPrefs
   end if

and here is my script for saving my prefs file:

IF the platform is "MacOS"
   then
      put arrayEncode(tPrefs) into url ("binfile:" &
specialFolderPath("preferences") & "/" & "504_prefs")
   end if

   IF the platform is "win32"
   then
      put arrayEncode(tPrefs) into url ("binfile:" & specialFolderPath(26) &
"/" & "504_prefs")
   end if

Again, thanks to everyone for their help!