What about the new language from Apple?

JosepM jmyepes at mac.com
Tue Jul 6 19:46:24 EDT 2010

Hi,

I read some post about a new language that will be replace the Objective-c
called xLang.

Any idea? This can affect the next releases of Rev?

http://9to5mac.com/node/19165

We’re leaving this one open to the floor for comment, but would like to note
that operating systems must also grow, and development environments must
continue to re-invent themselves as rationale to give this one air time, but
there's a rumor Apple's developing a new dev language to succeed
Objective-C...
DF reports via Michael Tsai one Jesper, who writes:

“After watching the eminently early and freely available WWDC 2010 session
videos, I think my scales have finally tipped. It is my belief that Apple is
definitely working on a new language to surpass Objective-C as their
intended, primary, publicly recommended programming language, which I will
call “xlang”.”

Clang, according to Wikipedia,  is a compiler front end for the C, C++, and
Objective-C programming languages. It uses the Low Level Virtual Machine
(LLVM) as its back end. Its goal is to offer a replacement to the GNU
Compiler Collection (GCC). Development is sponsored by Apple, and the source
code is licensed using a BSD-like open-source license.

This could be part of the company’s plans as developers seem to be beginning
to wax lyrical on how Objective-C may need tweaking.

Your thoughts?