Problem saving files

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 08:00:25 EDT 2010

> I have never used filter with the ask command, but here is what I
> think is happening:
>
> When you ask for a file, if a new file name is types in, you get just
> the name with no extension.
> If you select an existing file, then you get the filename PLUS it's extension.
> Your script then adds the extension regardless, so extensions will accumulate.
>
> You need to add a check to see if the file extension is already there,
> and only append it to the file name if it is missing.
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah

Hello Sarah and thanks for replying.

I'm using filter so that the user will see only the files with like
extensions, but I've tried it without the filtering as well, with no
luck. I think the heart of the issue is that when asked if the user
wants to overwrite a file and they affirm that they do...

..the file *should* be overwritten instead of duplicating the name
with a doubled up extension.

As a point of reference, I'm using Windows 7 for development and
initial testing, yet no other app on the machine (or any Windows
machine I have ever used) behaves the same way when presented with a
"replace file" option.

Is that a bug in Rev or a coding error on my part?
Does anyone else experience the same issue?

Best regards,
David C.