Problem with script working in IDE but not in Standalone

Steve King st.king42 at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 3 14:25:03 EDT 2010

Hi Jim

Thanks for the help. Problem seemed to be something really strange with Rev.
I rebuilt several times with the same effect, then closed Rev and it crashed
on closing. I reopened, reloaded the file, rebuilt again now the standalone
works!

Very strange, but thanks for your help. I'll certainly use this approach in
debugging in future.

Cheers
Steve

--- Jim Ault wrote ------
Save a copy of your stack as 'whateverTheName2.rev'
Add one field to the card (assuming your stack only has one card) and
name it "eventLog"
Add a line to each IF branch as follows:

> On CloseField
>      if the highlight of button "Nominal" of group "Dive_Plan" then
>      put fld "Depth" & "m" into fld "Image_Depth"
  put "1" && the short name of me & cr after fld eventLog

>      else
>      put fld "Depth_B"  & "m" into fld "Image_Depth"
  put "2" && the short name of me & cr after fld eventLog
> end if
> end CloseField

> on CloseField
>   if the highlight of button "Nominal" of group "Dive_Plan" then
>      put Nom_Stop & return into fld "Image_18m"
  put "3" && the short name of me & cr after fld eventLog
>      else
>      put Back_Stop  into fld "Image_18m"
  put "4" && the short name of me & cr after fld eventLog
> end if
> end CloseField

Now when you trigger the scripts you will know which ones fire, which
branch and in which order.
Try it in the development environment (IDE) and in the compiled app.

This could give you the clue you need.
Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas