Question About Menu Builder

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 2 13:01:35 EDT 2010

Gregory Lypny wrote:
> It pops down, but selecting those items does nothing.  Maybe I should
> just delete the menu bar and try it again from scratch.  Can you
> refresh my memory and tell me what the ampersands in front of the
> default items mean?

The ampersand is placed before the letter that will be underlined in a
Windows menu, and allows selection of the menu item via keyboard on that OS.

I don't think you need to start your menu over. What it sounds like is
that the View button script isn't working properly. When you look at the
button script, is there a case statement for each menu item? Does the
case statement match exactly the menu item name? Don't include the
ampersand, any tabs, or other extras when checking for the item's name.
If the case statements don't match the menu items exactly then the item
won't be triggered. You could insert a temporary line in the View button
script to see what's actually being passed in the menupick the parameter.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com