Intelligent sorting: A bit of a poser

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 10:45:05 EDT 2010

Another method used to split at the numeric.

on mouseUp
   put specialsorter(field "srcF")
end mouseUp

function specialSorter pVar
   repeat for each line theLIne in PVar
      get matchchunk(theLine,"([a-zA-Z\s]\d)" , theChar,theEnd )
      put comma after char theChar of theLine
      put theLine & return after tTemp
   end repeat
   delete the last char of tTemp
   sort lines of tTemp ascending numeric by item 2 of each
   sort lines of tTemp ascending by item 1 of each
   replace comma with empty in tTemp
   return tTemp
end specialSorter