Noise in Windows icon when standalone compiled on Mac

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jan 31 15:24:28 EST 2010

Bill Vlahos wrote:
> Was there a response to this? I'm seeing the same thing.

> On Dec 6, 2009, at 5:16 PM, Bruce Pokras wrote:
>
>> Something changed in Rev Enterprise 4.0 from 3.5. When I compile
>> standalones, the Mac standalone's icon is fine, but the Windows
>> standalone's icon is noisy. When I compile the same stack under Rev
>> 3.5, the Windows standalone's icon is fine. Anyone else see this? I
>> have an Intel iMac running the last Tiger version.

Yes, the standalone builder was altered in several ways, one of which
was to support a more standard API for Windows resources. From the
engine change log:

***
The method by which standalone building is done has changed in this
release. Standalones are now built in such a way that they behave much
better as executable files on all three platforms. In particular,
Revolution standalone executables can now:
   - be digitally signed using the various OS tools on Windows and Mac OS X
   - have arbitrarily sized document and application ICO files used on
Windows
   - have their resources edited on Windows
   - be used with various third-party executable processing tools (such
as compressors, trial run makers, network key wrappers etc.)
***

If you're having a problem, you should probably submit a bug report.
Although, if you didn't use a Windows icon editor to create your Windows
app icons, I'd try that first.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com