[OT] Australian internet blackout

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 28 11:41:12 EST 2010

Sarah Reichelt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to apologise for any inconvenience, but anyone visiting
> my web site over the next week will see a blackout message in protest
> against the Australian government's planned compulsory internet
> filtering.

I was reading about this elsewhere and I'm dumbfounded by it. As
proposed, it is apparently to protect children. But isn't that the
parent's job? And we all know how many false positives you get from
so-called "filtering" software. I'm angry about this and I don't even
live there.

The last time I checked, the ruling was still under consideration. Has
it passed now? Is it definite?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com