iPadding around?

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Thu Jan 28 08:54:55 EST 2010

;-)

René , I guess some might consider it a necessary accessory. I got to
use a wacom touch screen a few years ago with built in computer screen
and would lay it on my lap and found that using the keyboard was not
as desirable or productive as  just popping up an onscreen keyboard.
But I guess for some serious typing the keyboard might be helpful.

But as to Sarah's blog comment, I disagree with even thinking of this
iPad thing as a 'working computer'. My iPhone is not a working
computer, my other smart phones (7 of them) are not working computers.
I can get a certain amount of 'productivity' out of all of these
devices. Some of that productivity is very very useful and appropriate
for the situation and device on hand. I wrote a 42 page scope of work
on my iPhone up at camp but only because I did not have my laptop with
me. And although I was on vacation it started raining for two days and
so I decided to get some work done in the quiet solitude of camp. It
would have been good to have had an iPad at the time but even better
would have been my laptop. But if I planned beforehand to work up at
camp I would not consider either my iPhone or an iPad but would pack
up my laptop instead.