[OT] Australian internet blackout

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 03:18:23 EST 2010

On 28/01/2010 09:57, stephen barncard wrote:
> Sarah, that's a troubling issue. Has the EFF "Electronic Frontier
> Foundation" gotten involved? I know the founder John Barlow personally from
> my Grateful Dead days....

Some of us are just grateful that we are still alive (says he,
misreading the
cultural reference) . . .  :)

I am wondering about authoring a paper on
"Runtime Revolution programming as a preventative measure
against developing Alzheimer's" . . .  maybe I should also stop sucking
that aluminium spoon as I work  :(

> sqb
> -------------------------
> Stephen Barncard
> San Francisco
> http://houseofcubes.com/disco.irev
>

> On 27 January 2010 22:15, Sarah Reichelt<sarah.reichelt at gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>> Hi All,
>>
>> I would like to apologise for any inconvenience, but anyone visiting
>> my web site over the next week will see a blackout message in protest
>> against the Australian government's planned compulsory internet
>> filtering. This is a badly considered policy that will not achieve
>> it's intended goal, but will block legitimate sites without recourse.
>> Any Australian's who wish to register their protest can sign the
>> petition at<http://www.efa.org.au/petition/>.

State control is upon us all over:

http://www.no2id.net