Linux Go Stack opens in a new tab

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 05:28:49 EST 2010

On 25/01/2010 05:18, Bill Vlahos wrote:
> On Ubuntu when I issue a go stack xxxx it opens the stack in a different TAB instead of as an overlapping window like in Windows or Mac.
>
> Is this is the expected linux behavior and or is there a better way to deal with it so it doesn't happen?
>
> Bill Vlahos

[Sorry about the slightly facetious earlier response]

Right, here I am, back from teaching during my lunch break:

Ubuntu 8.04.3  RunRev 4

1. tried;

GO "subb"

[note witty inter-textual reference to some versions of BASIC]

free-standing substack in different location to main stack.

Go stack "subb"

exactly the same as #1

what am I missing?

No TAB and no overlapping window.....