Question on RevMobile

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 16:50:05 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 5:53 AM, Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> I haven't tried this, but I have some folks here who have iPhone Touches.
>  So, are we going to be able to deploy for them as well?

When using Apple's development tools, there is effectively no
difference between the iPhone & the iPod touch. Obviously you cannot
access hardware that isn't there e.g. camera & GPS, but apart from
that, they are the same.

There is one wrinkle - iPhones get free software updates but iPod
touches have to pay for the major upgrades. This means that while you
can pretty much rely on all iPhones running iPhone OS 3, there will
still be lots of iPod touches running 2.x.

Cheers,
Sarah