A problem with replicating a subgroup

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jan 21 10:36:54 EST 2010

Alistair wrote:
> The problem is this. All of the above works fine so long as I don't scroll
> to the bottom of the group, so that the last replication is showing, before
> I press the "New Case Plan" button. If I do that the next replication is
> displaced well away from the previous one and is not the neat and tidy
> separation that I expected. If I keep on doing that the distance between
> replication becomes increasingly larger.
>
> I wonder if I have simply used a poor approach to the coding of this
> functionality and whether there is some simple and elegant approach that
> would also solve this "bad" behaviour.
>
> Or, is this a problem with having a scrolling group since the location of
> objects within this is likely to become a pretty complicated reference once
> you start to scroll.
>
> Your thoughts on this would be most welcome. If you could have a look at the
> problem in the stack on revOnline I would appreciate it.

Unfortunately I've had little luck with anything working well with
RevOnline since v4 was released, so I haven't seen your stack.

I have three questions which may help diagnosis:

1. Are the lockLocs of the objects within the group set?

2. Are you accounting for the scroll of the containing group in the code
that places the objects?

3. Is the total formattedHeight or formattedWidth of the group greater
than 32765?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World