Geometry manager

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Thu Jan 21 10:07:25 EST 2010

On 20.01.10 at 19:15 -0600 J. Landman Gay apparently wrote:
>Robert Brenstein wrote:
>>
>>I would second what Richard wrote. With that many objects, there
>>must be patterns so only a few central scripts are probably needed.
>>In some projects, I used naming scheme to handle this. In others, I
>>used custom properties in each object. Sometimes grouping comes in
>>play, as Mark suggests.
>
>There is a main stack with three (all different) cards, and 17
>one-card substacks. Two of the substacks are very similar, each with
>110 controls. I can share those two scripts. The rest of the stacks
>are each a separate template that displays data in different
>layouts. Those all have to be resized individually. I've eliminated
>six substacks, such as the preferences substack, which can be
>enlarged just once during development and remain static. But the 943
>count doesn't include those stacks.

There must be some logic to arrange the objects. May be you could
work on a card level. I am using such an approach in one of my new
projects -- each card and each bg group has its own handler for
arranging their objects (upon resizestack and preopencard), with a
few common action handlers sitting at the stack level.

Robert